Ottawa Region Landlords Association

About ORLA   |   Membership   |  Contact Us


Copyright © 2023 | ORLA | Ottawa Regional Landlords Association | All Rights Reserved

If you are unable to obtain financial help, the following agencies can help resolve the problem

Housing Help (West of the Rideau Canal)

#202- 116 Lisgar Street, Ottawa

Phone 613-563-4532

Action Logement (East of the Rideau Canal)

#200- 261 Montreal Road, Ottawa

Phone 613-562-8219

Housing Loss Prevention Workers are also available at the following Community Resource Centres

Pinecrest Queensway Health and Community Services

1365 Richmond Road, 2nd floor, Ottawa - Phone 613-820-4922

Carlington Community and Health Services

900 Merivale Road, Ottawa - Phone 613-722-4000

South East Ottawa Centre for a Healthy Community

#600- 1355 Bank Street, Ottawa - Phone 613-737-5115

Nepean Rideau and Osgoode Community Resource Centre

1642 Merivale Road, Ottawa  (Merivale Mall) - Phone 613-596-5626

Where to Get Help with Rent Arrears


Employment and Financial Assistance Office

Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)

Essential Health and Social Services (EHSS)

Rent Bank

      Who They Help

People in receipt of Ontario Works (OW)

People in receipt of ODSP

Working people of low income

Working families of low income who cannot get help from EHSS or OW


Tenant should contact their worker directly if they are on OW. First-time applicants should call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400


3-1-1 or 613-580-2400

(Central Intake for OW )

3-1-1 or 613-580-2400


If arrears are paid, tenant will be placed on rent direct

If arrears are paid, tenant is placed on rent direct

Applicants will be assessed for emergency special assistance

Apply here if help is not available through the agencies listed above.